It's been a busy summer. That's my excuse for being absent from the blogosphere. Don't get me wrong though, I've attempted to post numerous times. My computer desktop is plastered with saved files of posts I had begun and just didn't have the time to finish. They were ambitious undertakings, consisting of pages upon pages of senseless ramblings, the last one being started (and almost completed) while I was sitting at an airport terminal somewhere in California two weeks ago, waiting for a flight home. I had just spent a rather busy and eventful weekend at Baby Tattooville" (the secret yet not so secret art event), and having missed it the previous year I decided not to miss it again. There I was, typing away, when they called my flight to board, and so the file was scrapped to the desktop just like all the previous files.
So I'm not going to make this post long because I know if I get into the nitty gritty of things this will not get posted. So, here is the itty bitty version of highlights from the past few (ahem) months in sort-of semi-chronological order:
The house smooshed by a tree.
1. My mother's house got knocked about by a tornado. Well, more like the tornado threw a big tree at it and crushed it here and there. There was a lot of driving involved from my place to her place (lots of back and forth-ness).
Which reminds me…
2. Did I mention I moved again? Different state, different time, different planet, etc etc. (well, maybe not different time and planet, but you get the gist).
3. My (slightly aging) powerhouse of a desktop computer died a smoky death, taking with it many files that I was just too lazy to back up. There was some sizzling involved and lots of burning smells. A giantormous amount of stress ensued. (Data retrieval is imminent on that sucker.)
4. Screen printing like a mad woman to make cool little giveaways for my friends and also the attendees at Baby Tattooville which were placed in the goodie bags (the prints, not the friends and attendees). I literally was printing till I had to get in the car to head to the airport. The morning of my flight went something like: pack one item, printprintprint, pack another item, printprintprint, and so on. Thanks to my bud Jon the printing all got finished.
5. Coming back and framing tons of art for an Open Studios exhibit that took place a week ago (and only four days after my arrival from my trip). The whole time I was hacking up a lung having caught some nasty germs on the airplane (those planes are so nasty - breeding grounds for oozy little buggers - can't tell you how many times I've been sick after a flight).
Oh I almost forgot this:
6. Creating inventory for the online store. (I know, I know. Yes, I've been talking about a store for forever now… but yes there will be a store and it's just around the corner, though some of the inventory did get sold at the exhibit. So it'll be a small store, for a little while anyway.)